Thursday September 12th
- Students please let your parents know there will be a PTO meeting tonight at 6pm EST/5pm CST in the SSJHS Auditorium. We have a joint PTO for the SSFC and SSJHS. Please get involved and help out.
- Students – Here is your homecoming court for 2019. 7th Grade Homecoming court representatives are: Cali Austin, Selena Goss, Jordan Jones, Lola Lashley, Emilie Long, and Ashlyn Sellars. Your 8th Grade Homecoming Representatives are: Karley Armitage, Jada Jones, Libby-Kate Posey, Bailey Reeves, Erin Roberts, and Payton Tice
- Students, club sign-ups are still going on through tomorrow. There are still openings in the Art Club. If you are interested, please go by Mrs. Carlilse-Keith’s room and pick up an application. Find a club that interest you and get involved. The school year will be a lot more fun if you are engaged in these activities with friends.
- Students – Tomorrow is the last day to purchase your yearbook in order to receive your choice of a free Icon.
- FBLA Club Members, Please pay your $25.00 FBLA dues this week to Mrs. Harrison in room 510. Club dues must be paid before attending the first meeting which is Wednesday, September 25th during 3rd period.
- Attention Cooking Club members - PLEASE make sure you check the club list on Google Classroom to see which group you are in. Each member can only attend one meeting a month with the group they are assigned to. Group 1 will meet next Wednesday, September 18th and Group 2 will meet the following Wednesday, September 25th.
- FCA will have their 1st huddle meeting on Club day, Wednesday September 25th, during advisory in the school auditorium. As soon as the bell rings check in with your teacher, leave your bags in advisory and head to the auditorium doors near Mrs. Brown’s room in build. 5. Our guest speaker will be Mitchel Dean and the doors will close at 7:35.
- Attention everyone - Fall pictures will be held on Friday, September 27th
- Students – There will be a Homecoming Dance sponsored by the cheerleaders Friday September 27th from 7-9pm EST in the SSJHS cafeteria. Tickets will be sold the week of the dance and at the door for $5. The school dress code will apply and only students who attend SSJHS can attend. Also, if you have any discipline referrals this 9 weeks, you will not be able to attend. There will also be plenty of concessions sold at the dance.
- September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month! Monday September 30th show your support by wearing GOLD for your special angel or warrior! GET YOUR GOLD ON FOR THE KIDS on Monday September 30th!!!
- Our first home football game is this afternoon against Auburn. The game will be here at SSJHS and start at 5:30pm EST.
- Our next Volleyball game will be next Wednesday, September 18th in a tri-match against Samford Middle School and South Girard. The match will be at Beauregard and start at 4pm CST.
- Our next Cross Country meet will be this afternoon in a Junior High meet at Auburn.
- Girls softball tryouts will be held Friday October 4th from 4:30-6:30pm EST and Saturday October 5th from 8:30am until we finish at the SSHS softball complex. You must have an up to date physical and a completed agreement form to participate in tryouts. You may pick those up from Coach Tarno in room #611 or Coach Dixon in the weight room. These forms must be turned in no later than Tuesday, October 1st in order to participate in tryouts.
HAVE A GREAT DAY SSJHS!!!
Friday, August 23rd
- “Attention all 7th and 8th graders! If you are interested in joining the Smiths Station Academic Team, tryouts will be held next week. You can come see Coach Robison in Room 506 during advisory any day next week or attend the afternoon tryout session on Tuesday, August 27th. We hope to see you there!”
- Students – Do you like to fish? If so, then you have an opportunity to join the SSHS Bass fishing team. The SSHS Bass fishing team is open to all students in grades 7-12. If you are interested, please pick up an information sheet in the front office that covers all the information and fees.
- Attention 7th grade boys - 7th grade boys basketball tryouts will be held Friday, August 30th after school from 4:15-6:00pm EST and Saturday morning, August 31st from 9 -11am EST. All athletes must have a current physical on file in order to tryout. You can receive an updated physical form from Coach Pyron during PE.
- Attention all girls – 7th and 8th grade girls basketball will be holding tryouts on Tuesday September 3rd after school from 4:30-5:45 EST. All players must have a completed physical before you can tryout. You can sign up, and get the physical form from Coach Dixon in the weight room during your PE class.
- Students, Coach Wade and Mrs. Thompson will be sponsoring the Panther Pride Equality Alliance club this year. This club is for students that feel everyone deserves equality no matter their background or identity. The club is a safe place for every member and welcomes allies. Club membership is confidential and there is no fee. We will meet during 5th period in Mrs. Thompson’s room, 1016. Please see Mrs. Thompson or Coach Wade for more information and confidential sign up.
- Students - be sure to purchase your yearbook between now and September 13th to receive your choice of a free Icon.