Tuesday, February 12th
- Attention all students - Spring Outdoor Track tryouts have been rescheduled. Tryouts will start next Tuesday, February 19th through Thursday, February 21st from 4:15 - 5:30 pm EST. Please be present in track attire if you are interested in participating in track this spring.
- The Equality Alliance will meet tomorrow, during 3rd period in Mrs. Thompson’s room #1016.
- Beta Club will have a quick meeting tomorrow in the cafeteria during 6th period.
- The next large FCA Huddle will be tomorrow in the Auditorium. Doors will close at 7:30am CST.
- FBLA will be selling Valentine Grams for $1.00 a piece for that someone special today through Wednesday February 13th during each lunch wave. All grams will be delivered Thursday on Valentine’s Day February 14th.
- Anyone interested in trying out for Junior High Pantherettes, please sign up with Mrs. Cole. The parent meeting for the Junior High Pantherettes will be in the library next Monday February 18th starting at 4:30pm CST.
- Tryouts for the 2019-2020 Varsity Pantherette Dance team will be March 1. The pre-tryout clinic will start February 25-February 28. A mandatory parent meeting will be held on Feb. 21, at 7:00 eastern time in the SSHS lunchroom. Anyone interested in trying out must attend this meeting. Varsity eligibility is anyone moving on from the 8th grade that will be in 9th -12th grade for the upcoming school year. Any student wanting to try out can’t have any discipline referrals.
- Attention 8th grade students ONLY- Anyone interested in auditioning for Majorette please see Mr. Butler, Mr. Geiger, or Mr. Helms in the Band Room. Audition camp will be March 4-8 and March 11-12 with auditions on March 13th. Remember that is Majorettes, not Pantherettes, so please see one of the band directors for more details.
- Our next SSJHS Boys soccer game will be tomorrow at Opelika. The game will start at 5:30pm EST. Please come support your SSJH Panthers!
- Our next SSHS tennis match will be today against Eufaula. The match will be at SSHS and start at 6:30pm EST.
Wednesday, January 30th
- Attention everyone – The PE department will be hosting a PBS party for the 2nd 9 weeks which will be a student-faculty basketball game this Friday Feb 1. 7th grade students will attend the PBS party during 2nd and 3rd periods and the 8th grade students will attend the PBS party during 5th and 6th periods. Like always, any students with a disciplinary write ups including bus referrals will not be allowed to attend the PBS party. There will be a large variety of concessions available as well as Kona Ice.
- Students – Today is club day. Please check in with your teachers before you go to your club meeting. Your teachers have a schedule of when and where each club meets.
- BETA Club, Bucks and Ducks, and Gamechangers will NOT be meeting today.
- Karaoke Club, GENTS, and Peer Helpers will NOT meet today but WILL meet tomorrow in their sponsors room during their planning period.
- Students -Anyone who would like to try out for Smiths Station Jr. High School Cheerleading team; there will be a mandatory parent meeting in the SSJH cafeteria on Tuesday, February 5th at 5:30 EST.
- Attention all students - Anyone wishing to try out for Spring Outdoor Track, the tryouts will be held Monday, February 11th through Wednesday, February 13th from 4:15 - 5:30 pm EST. Please be present in track attire if you are interested in participating in track this Spring.
- Students - Anyone interested in auditioning for Majorette please see Mr. Butler, Mr. Geiger, or Mr. Helms in the Band Room. Audition camp will be March 4-8 and March 11-12 with auditions on March 13th. Remember that is Majorettes, not Pantherettes, so please see one of the band directors for more details.
HAVE A GREAT DAY SSJHS!!!
Thursday, January 17th
- Students – The following programs will be hosting Spirit Night at Mike and Ed’s BBQ here in Smiths Station and Chick-fil-a. A portion of all the proceeds that night will go to benefit our many different programs. The following nights will be Spirit Nights for the following programs.
- Tonight from 5-7:30 will be Spirit Night for our Softball program at Mike and Ed’s here in Smiths Station.
- Tonight will also be Spirit Night for our Cheerleaders at Chick-fil-a in Phenix City.
- Tuesday January 22nd will be Spirit Night for our Girls Soccer program at Mike and Ed’s here in Smiths Station.
- BETA Students - any BETA member interested in attending the state convention in March MUST ATTEND A MANDATORY informational meeting with a parent or guardian this afternoon. The meeting will be held this afternoon AT 5:30PM CST/6:30EST in the SSJH Cafeteria.
- Students come enjoy a fun filled weekend with all your friends. Concord Baptist Church will be hosting the event Empowered 2019 from Friday January 25th through Sunday January 27th. Mitchell Dean will be a guest speaker and there will be Overthrown Worship games, food, prizes, and more. The weekend long event on the 25th is open to all 6th through 12th graders and the cost is only $25 for a weekend of fun. You can register online by using the QRC code on the flyers around campus or on our PNN Instagram page. You can also register by calling (334) 614-0632.
- Students -Anyone who would like to try out for Smiths Station Jr. High School Cheerleading team; there will be a mandatory parent meeting in the SSJH cafeteria on February 5th at 5:30 EST.
- Our next basketball games will be next Thursday January 24th against Auburn. The games will be at the Auburn Middle School and start at 5:00pm EST.
HAVE A GREAT DAY SSJHS!!!
Monday, January 14th
- Congratulations to the talent show winners. 1st place winners were Izabella Hawthorne, Khyah Johnson, Cerstin Smith, and D’Niyah Core for dancing. 2nd place winner was Jaden Boyd for dancing. 3rd place winner was Destini Haith for singing. Congratulations once again to all the winners and the contestants of our talent show. You all did very well.
- Our next basketball games will be tomorrow January 15th against Opelika. The games will be at Opelika and start at 5pm EST.
HAVE A GREAT DAY SSJHS!!!