If you wish to work in a progressive school system supported both financially and in spirit by the Lee County community, you are encouraged to contact the Lee County Board of Education for information and application materials. We are looking for certificated teachers who meet the "No Child Left Behind" guidelines. We will formally interview and hire teachers and support personnel on a continuous basis as positions become available for the school term. You are hereby invited to consider the Lee County Schools in your search for a future career.
All Applications must be obtained through the official recruitment website for Alabama's schools, TeachInAlabama, www.alsde.edu/TeachInAlabama/. Attach all supporting documents electronically to this application.
Create an Account.
Complete your Application.
If you are applying for a Certified Administrative Position, select Preview Administrator Application.
If you are applying for any of the following Certified positions: Teacher, Counselor, Library Media Specialist, Psychometrist, Reading Coach, Speech Langauge Pathologist, select Preview Certified Application.
If you are applying for any of the following Support positions: Aide, Bus Driver, Bookkeeper, Custodian, Lunchroom worker, Nurse, Secretary, Substitute, etc., select the Preview Classified Application.
Apply for Open Position.
Substitutes are employed by Lee County Schools on an as-needed basis to fill in for absent employees. Substitutes must have a signed recommendation by a school level administrator to be considered. Principals have the forms. Bring the following items with you to complete the paperwork to the Human Resources office:
- Signed principal recommendation form
- Driver's License (must be 21 years old or older)
- Social Security card, passport or birth certificate
- Copy of current teaching license, proof of admittance into a university teaching program, or high school diploma (For Substitute teachers)
- $48.15 for in state applicants (money order preferred or online payment receipt) cost of background check and fingerprinting
- $56.15 for out-of-state applicants (money order preferred or online payment receipt) cost of background check and fingerprinting
- $30.00 (money order preferred or online payment receipt) cost of substitute teacher license
Click the appropriate links for interested positions:
For additional information please contact:
Lee County Board of Education
Human Resources Department
2410 Society Hill Road
Opelika, AL 36804-4830
Phone: (334)705-4200 Fax: (334)745-9774