Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN Major: Chemistry Minor: Biology Masters of Science University of Tennessee, Knoxville Focus: Organic Chemistry
Hi! I would like to welcome you to my class. This will be my 8th year teaching at Smiths Station High School and my 15th year teaching overall. I have a Bachelor and Masters of Science, both in Chemistry. It is a strong passion of mine to teach high school students and to teach Chemistry. I will be teaching Chemistry, Pre-AP Chemistry, Dual-Enrollment Chemistry, and AP Chemistry. These classes have a strong emphasis on learning through hands on activities and labs. My classes are designed to fully prepare students for a college level Chemistry class.
I am one of the Sophomore sponsors. Also I am a sponsor of the Science National Honor Society.
Instructions on how to join Remind can be found under the Link and Resources tab located on the left.
- Three Ring Binder (2-3 inch)
- Loose-leaf notebook paper
- Graph paper (1 pack will last all year)
- Scientific Calculator (see pictures below for suggested ones)
- Both the graph paper and scientific calculator can be what they use in math class. They do not need a separate pack of graph paper or a separate calculator for my class.
- They are NOT permitted to use the calculator on their phone.
- There is a course lab fee. (This information will be sent home on the first day.)
- AP students only:
- A ream of copy paper is a needed supply for you and not a wish list item.
- Dual Enrollment Students:
- You will have online homework therefore you will need internet access outside of school. Also a ream of copy paper is a needed supply for you and not a wish list item.
Forms/Assignments Checklist Due by Monday & Tuesday, August 12th - 13th, 2019:
- 1. Acknowledgement of Classroom Policies and Procedures Form (Signed by student and parent)
- 2. Lab Safety Contract (Signed by student and parent)
- 3. Enroll in your online Google Classroom
- 4. Learning styles quiz (Follow the link provided on Google Classroom or under the Links and Resources Tab). Screenshot and Upload your image to Google Classroom.)
- 5. Join Remind text messages using your class code.
- 6. AP students: AP committment contract (signed by student and parent)
- 7. Dual Enrollment students: Dual Enrollment Letter (signed by student and parent)