Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelor of Science Austin Peay State University, Clarksville, TN Major: Chemistry Minor: Biology Masters of Science University of Tennessee, Knoxville Focus: Organic Chemistry
Hi! I would like to welcome you to my class. This will be my 11th year teaching at Smiths Station High School and my 18th year teaching overall. I have a Bachelor and Masters of Science, both in Chemistry. It is a strong passion of mine to teach high school students and to teach Chemistry. I will be teaching Chemistry, Honors Chemistry, Dual-Enrollment Chemistry, and Advanced Placement (AP) Chemistry. These classes have a strong emphasis on learning through hands-on activities and labs. My classes are designed to fully prepare students for a college-level Chemistry class.
I am a sponsor of the Science National Honor Society.
Instructions on how to join Remind can be found under the Link and Resources tab located on the left.
- Three Ring Binder (2-3 inch)
- Loose-leaf notebook paper
- Scientific Calculator (see pictures below for suggested ones)
- The scientific calculator can be what they use in math class. They do not need a separate calculator for my class.
- They are NOT permitted to use the calculator on their phone.
- There is a course lab fee.
- Chemistry: $10
- Honors: $20
- AP/DE: $30
- AP/DE students only:
- A ream of copy paper is a needed supply for you and not a wish list item.