Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Zulaica Konz-Gonzalez
¡Hola! Welcome to Spanish! My name is Zulaica Konz and I have been teaching spanish for over 17 years. I was raised in Puerto Rico and my first language is Spanish. I will be teaching Spanish II and IV this year. My focus for both classes is for the students to apply what they have learned and demonstrate it using their conversation, listening, and writing skills. In the general syllabus bellow you will find important information about the course like supplies and requirements:
Señora Konz Room 104 A
1st Period Spanish IV: Text: 81010 Message: @b26fa2
3rd Period Spanish II: Text: 81010 Message: @ahh94a
4th Period Spanish II: Text: 81010 Message: @8h3f2ab
Google Classroom Codes:
1st Period Spanish IV - Class code - mxc2bn2
3rd Period Spanish II - Class code - y7fzkfj
4th Period Spanish II - Class code - on5ar4e
Course Description: This course provides a continuation for the review and expansion of the goals stated in level I. Level II represents a progression on terms of students’ facility in handling more complex elements of communication, broadening insights into other cultures as well as their own, and enhancing the connections they make with other disciplines as well as the connections they make with the community and with the world.
Course Standards: For my Spanish course of study objectives I will be referring to the Alabama Course of Study which will be found online at: www.alex.state.al.us
Textbook: ¡Así se dice! Spanish II Copyright 2016 by McGraw-Hill Education. I will have a class set of physical textbooks this year. We will also have a digital textbook available for each student so they can access their assignments anywhere on their digital devices. You will need to download the following apps:
1. Así lo digo
- Tests/ Projects: 45%
- Quizzes: 25%
- Classwork: 30%
F= below 60
- Three ring binder
- Pencil / Pen (Blue or Black Ink)
- Dry erase marker
- Loose Leaf Paper
- Four dividers:
- Class work / Homework
- Communicate in the Spanish language.
- Gain knowledge and understanding of other cultures.
- Connect with other disciplines and acquire information.
- Develop insight into the nature of language and culture.
- Participate in multilingual communications at home and around the world.
- Book Project- This project consists of students working in groups of 4-5 and creating a bilingual book that is geared toward kindergarten -2nd
- Skits/Dramas- This project consists of students working in groups of 2-5 and coming up with an original Spanish script to act out in the school auditorium.
- Country Project- This is an individual project that will consist of the students researching an assigned Spanish speaking country and presenting it to the class solely in the Spanish language.
- Be respectful to others and yourself. (Be civil in the classroom)
- Come to class prepared and on time.
- Cheating of any form is not allowed and you will receive a zero.
- Cell phones are not allowed in class.
- Use clean language.
Consequences for Inappropriate Behavior:
- First offense – Warning
- Second offense – Conference with student
- Third offense – Phone call to parents / guardians
- Fourth offense - Conference with parents / guardians
- Fifth offense – Referral to Principal’s office
- I will be available for parent/teacher conferences after school. Please contact me through the school to arrange a meeting. The SSHS phone number is: (334) 664-4060
- If you have an excused absence, you will have 3 days to make up your missed work. You will not be allowed to make up any work if you have an unexcused absence. It is your responsibility to check with the teacher to arrange for make–up times for tests, quizzes, etc. after or before school. Late work is not accepted without an excused absence.
I will tutor before and after school by appointment.