Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Lara E. Fincher
- I graduated from Opelika High School.
- I attended Troy State University in Troy, AL on a Leadership Scholarship. I graduated Summa Cum Laude (with highest honors) with an undergraduate degree in K-6 Elementary/K-6 Collaborative Education.
- I decided to stay at Troy, on a full scholarship, to receive my Master’s degree which is also in K-6 Elementary Education.
- Third Grade Teacher, Beauregard Elementary School, Opelika, AL (Fall 2006-Present)
- Master Teacher Intern, Troy Elementary School, Troy, AL(Spring 2004)
Experienced a wide range of grade levels including Fourth, First, and Special Education (including one week with the enrichment teacher and reading specialist)
- Substitute Teacher, Troy City Public Schools, Troy, AL (Spring 2006)
Gained valuable experience working with grades K-5
- Volunteer and Employee of my church in Opelika, AL (1993-present)
Taught all pre-school classes from babies -Kindergarten
- Volunteer, Enrichment Program, Lee County, AL (Summer 2003)
3rd grade Reading/Math Enrichment teacher
- Tutor, Troy Elementary School, Troy, AL (Fall 2001)
Through the Big Brothers/Big Sisters Program (BBBS) of Pike County in the After School Program
Other Work Experience
- Graduate Assistant for Troy University Athletics Business Office 2005
Carried out all duties of the Athletics Business Manager:paying bills, calling vendors, secretarial duties, securing and confirming travel/hotel arrangements, managing funds for all Troy University sports teams, and being an active member of Game Day Management for Troy University Football games including coordinator of program sales
Honors and Awards
- In college, I was a member of seven honor societies.
- I was the recipient of the Phi Mu "Treasurer’s Award" (2001).
- I was voted “Most Outstanding Sister” by my sorority, Phi Mu (2004).
- I was selected TSU’s “Greek Woman of the Year” (2004).
- I was also nominated by the TSU College of Education for awards
such as the Jacqueline Davis Award and All-USA Today Academic Team (2004).
- At the Teacher Appreciation Banquet in May 2007, it was an honor for me to be awarded the Rookie Teacher of the Year at B.E.S. for “exhibiting outstanding characteristics as a first year teacher.”
- I am an optimist who loves life and helping others!
- I am also very close to my family (especially my younger brother).
- I love ladybugs!!!!
- I am a huge Troy University Athletics fan!
Places I have traveled to support the Troy Trojans.....
- Baton Rouge, LA---LSU (Fall 2004) for football
- drove to San Jose, California to support our football team in their first Bowl Game Appearance in school history (Dec. 2004)
- Columbia, South Carolina---USC (Fall 2005) for football
- Nashville, TN---Belmont (Spring 2004 and Spring 2005) to support our basketball team in their Conference Tournament
- Tuscaloosa, AL---UA (Spring 2006) to watch our baseball team in the NCAA College World Series Tournament
- Atlanta, GA---Georgia Tech (Fall 2006) for football
- New Orleans, LA--I am also so proud of my Troy University Trojans! We are the 2006 R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl Champions! :) It was great being part of school history watching Troy destroy Rice 41-17!!!!
- Oxford, MS---Ole Miss (Spring 2007) to watch our baseball team in the NCAA College World Series Tournament
- New Orleans, LA (Dec. 2008) R&L Carriers Bowl Game
- Mobile, AL (Jan. 2010) GMAC Bowl Game
- New Orleans, LA (Dec. 2010) R&L Carriers Bowl Game
- Mobile, AL (Dec. 2016) Dollar General Bowl Game
I married the love of my life, Brandon, on June 6, 2015.
We welcomed our precious baby girl, Kayla, into our family on June 12, 2017.