The Heisman High School Scholarship supports education, recognizes achievement, and celebrates community-minded high school student-athletes around the country. seniors, if you strive for excellence in the classroom, on the playing field, and in your community, not's the time to get the recognition you deserve. apply today for your chance to earn up to a $5K scholarship. The deadline to apply is October 29, 2019. Visit HeismanScholarship.com today to apply.
MAX4Kids Foundation Scholarship is a one-time scholarship to help high school seniors gain access to higher education. The award is specifically intended for students who face cost-prohibitive challenges in continuing their education beyond high school. The student applying for the scholarship must have an account at MAX and be the primary account holder. A parent's or guardian's account does not qualify. A student's account must be opened by November 1, 2019, in order to be eligible for the scholarship. The sapplicant must be or will be a spring 2020 graduate of a high school within MAZ's chartered area with at least a cumulative GPA of a 2.75. High schools in the following counties re considered part of MAX's chartered area: Autauga, Bullock, Butler, Chambers, Chilton, Coosa, Crenshaw, Dallas, Elmore, Lee, Lowndes, Macon , Montgomery, Pike, Russell, Shelby and Tallapoosa. The applicant must plan to attend a trade school or a university/college in the state of Alabama. Scholarship applications may be obtained by visiting myMAX.com or by dropping by any MAX location. Your high school may have a limited amount of applications as well. Deadline to apply is February 14, 2020.
Shelton State Community College will be hosting a Technical and Health Services Preview Night On November 5, 2019 at the FREDD Campus at 5:30pm and on November 7, 2019 at the Martin Campus at 5:30pm. Interested students can register at sheltonstate.edu/previewnight .
Preview Day for 2019 for the University of North Alabama is November 2, 2019. Interested seniors should register for this event at una.edu/previewday. Leadership and Academic Scholarships for seniors are available at UNA. Stduents that are interested in applying should submit for admission by February1, 2020. There is no seperate scholarship application. Interested students should apply early at una.edu/apply . Students can also register for campus tours by visiting una.edu/visit .
National Scholarships available for Seniors through the Washington Crossing Foundation. Please visit gwcf.org to apply. Deadline to apply is January 15, 2020.
Students can now Apply to The University of Alabama! As the flagship institution for Alabama, we are committed to providing the best opportunities for students. Students will learn, grow and excel at one of the nation's premier institutions of higher learning. The 2020 application is available today! Your students can access the application at apply.ua.edu. Applicants will need to submit the application for admission, application fee, a copy of their official test scores, and their official high school transcript.
The Jesse Brown Memorial Youth Scholarship Program honors young volunteers who are dedicated to serving veterans. Each year, one outstanding applicant receives the top scholarship in the amount of $20,000 to help fund their higher education. In addition, the top winner and parent receives an expense paid trip to DAV National Convention to receive the award and be recognized for their dedication and commitment to veterans. Additional scholarships are awarded in the amounts of $15,000, $10,000, $7,500 & $5,000.
- Scholarships can be awarded to any volunteer who is age 21 or younger and has volunteered for a minimum of 100 hours at a VA medical center. Volunteer hours can accumulate over time and must be credited to the Disabled American Veterans.
- Volunteer hours accumulated under the DAV’s Local Veterans Assistance Program (LVAP) are also eligible for consideration.
- Scholarships can be used at any accredited institution of higher learning; to include universities, colleges, community colleges, vocational schools, etc.
- Scholarships must be utilized in full prior to the recipient attaining the age of 25, or within 6 years of receiving the scholarship, whichever is later.
- Nominations for this award may be submitted by the Voluntary Service Program Manager at the VA medical center, DAV Department Commander, or the student may complete a self-nomination.
- All nomination packets should include a nomination form, essay, and any supporting documentation which you would like to have considered by the Selection Committee.
Apply at dav.org
Deadline: December 31
Info: Applicant must be between the ages of 13 and 25. You could win an easy $5,000 scholarship just by sharing an online guide with friends about the dangers of e-cigs and vaping. Everyone hates when a remake goes wrong, and e-cigs/vapes are a bad remake of cigarettes. How about we back stuff we do want like Silentó, the man behind the Whip/Nae Nae? Share an online guide with friends to show them that e-cigs and JUUL are just a bad remake of regular cigarettes. You’ll be entered for a chance to win a $5,000 scholarship, and the school with the most guide shares will win a visit from Silentó himself!
Deadline: October 31
Info: Applicant must be a current undergraduate student at any two-year, four-year, or vocational/technical college/university. An essay about Halloween costumes is required.
The 2020 MVS application opens on August 5, 2019.
The 2020 Most Valuable Student scholarship contest is open to any high school senior who is a US Citizen.
Applicants will be judged on scholarship, leadership, and financial need.
- Current high school seniors, or the equivalent, who are citizens of the United States are eligible to apply.
- Applicants need not be related to a member of the Elks.
- High school graduates are not eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States on the date their applications are signed; permanent legal resident status does not qualify. Interested students should visit elks.org/scholars/scholarships/mvs.cfm
- Scholarship deadline is November 5, 2019.
Highlights from UGA this month:
- Early Action Deadline: October 15 is the deadline for students to submit their application for Early Action and October 22 is the deadline for materials including your counselor recommendation.
- Foundation Fellowship and Bernard Ramsey Honors Scholarship application is open and closes on November 1. Your top students should check it out and submit an application! Visit our website to find out more information.
- Regular Decision Deadline: January 1 is the deadline for students to submit their application for Regular Decision and January 8 is the deadline for materials including your counselor recommendation.
Here are the scholarship details: AT&T Scholarship
- Deadline: November 1, 2019
- Amount: $500 scholarship to use toward education expenses
- How to apply: Write a 200- to 300-word essay or film a 2-minute video highlighting your thoughts on how to improve the future of technology and sustainability in your state.
- Application and more information: https://www.attsavings.com/availability/al#scholarship
- Why we are offering this scholarship: As an authorized AT&T retailer, All Home Connections cares about keeping people connected and investing in a smarter future. We can’t wait to see what students have to say about how to improve the lives of your state’s residents through smart city and green initiatives.
The Horatio Alger Association seeks to assist students who have demonstrated integrity, perseverance in overcoming adversity, strength of character, financial need, a good academic record, commitment to pursue a college education and a desire to contribute to society. Students that want to be considered for the Horatio Alger National and State Scholarship Programs must 1. Be enrolled full-time as a high school senior in the United States and are progressing normally toward graduation in the spring with plans to enter a college in the United States no later than the fall following graduation. 2. Exhibit a strong commitment to pursue and complete a bachelor's degree at an accredited non-profit public or private institution in the United States (students may start their studeis at a two-year institution and then transfer to a four-year institution). 3. Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or lower adjusted gross family income is required). 4. Be involved in a co-curricular and community service activities. 5. Desplay integrity and perserverance in overcoming adversity. 6. Maintain a minimum GPA of a 2.o . 7. Be a United States Citizen .
Application Procedures must apply online at scholars.horatioalger.org by October 25, 2019. They must have one support form completed online and must be completed by an adult over the age of 21 who is not related to the applicant and who is aware of the adversities metnioned in the application. There must be an online certification form completed by the applicant's counselor (an email will be sent once the student provides the information). Applicants must submit a High School transcript ( these must be submitted online. Income verification must also be sent by uploading the first page of the applicants parents federal tax return. Applicants who have parents that are seperated or divorced must submit a tax return for both parents.
There is still time to apply for scholarships. Fast web is a scholarship and college search engine that will aid in your college and scholarship search. Just visit www.fastweb.com to get started.