Technology Highlights in Lee County Schools:The Lee County Technology Department consists of approximately 10 employees whose purpose is to serve and support all technology infrastructure and instructional technology needs. We also have a District Level Instructional Technology Specialist supporting all elementary teachers' use of technology in the classroom as well as three additional Technology Coaches supporting our secondary teachers.
- We currently have over 3,500 Student PCs, 3,000 Chromebooks, and 1,000 iPads accessible for student use in Lee County Schools.
- We also have a high speed wireless network to support up to 60 devices per classroom including 1/3 of the student population in the cafeteriand and library in every school.
- We have a high speed Gigabyte Fiber Network connecting all fourteen schools together for transmission of data between all locations.
- As of July 2016 our Internet Connection for student and faculty access is operating at 1 Gbs.
- Many students have access to online course work through various online learning portals.
Our department serves the district in the following ways:
- Install and repair computer equipment in all schools.
- Offer support to end users on both hardware and software issues.
- Recommend appropriate technology solutions for educational and administrative purposes.
- Increase student achievement by recommending methods and training teachers in areas of technology integration in the classroom.
- Manage, support and report on the system wide student information management software program.
- Secure Federal funding to help finance technology infrastructure needs.
Glen Granberry, CETL
2410 Society Hill Rd
Opelika, AL 36804
Phone: (334) 705-4210
Fax: (334) 745-9822