Morning Drop Off/Afternoon Dismissal Procedures
- Student drop-off in the morning and afternoon pick-up is in front of the school.
- If your child is tardy (arriving to school after 7:30 AM), a parent or guardian MUST walk the child into the building and sign them in for school.
- Please do not leave your car unattended in the car rider line during the pick-up of students. Follow procedures for drop-off and pick-up.
- Parents are not allowed to wait in the halls for student pick-up and students will not be allowed to check-out early just to avoid the traffic problem. Early pick-up causes students to miss valuable class time, disrupts instruction in the classroom, and can/will affect your child’s grade, due to missing instructional time.
- Elementary car riders will begin afternoon dismissal starting at 2:45 PM.
- To keep the traffic flowing, parents should not conduct mini-conferences with teachers while in car-rider line. Conferences with teachers are scheduled by calling the office and setting up an appointment time.
Morning Drop Off
Morning drop off begins at 7:05 AM. Please follow the correct path around the parking lot, staying in the right hand lane, and wait in line to drop the student off. Please do not park and get out of your vehicle. Students need to be dropped off in front of the school. Do not park in a parking place and let students out, it is dangerous for students to be walking across the parking lot. Do not let the student out of the vehicle until a faculty member is at your vehicle to assist. Students arriving after 7:30 AM will be considered tardy. Excessive tardiness will not be acceptable.
DUE TO THE LARGE NUMBER OF AFTERNOON CAR RIDERS, WE WILL BE DISMISSING CAR RIDERS AT 2:45 PM. THIS IS BEING DONE IN AN EFFORT TO GET ALL CAR RIDERS OFF CAMPUS PRIOR TO BUSES LEAVING CAMPUS. WE NEED YOUR COOPERATION IN ORDER FOR OUR DISMISSAL TO WORK EFFECTIVELY.
- All car riders will be picked up in the front area.
- Cars should enter and stay in the right-hand lane unless instructed otherwise. Follow the flow of traffic.
- Once the right lane is filled, someone will direct parents to begin filling the left lane. Please keep in mind that once a car enters the left lane, they are still lined up behind the right lane – this is done to help get cars out of the street.
- It is very important that the person(s) who picks up the student has his/her card with their car rider’s name(s) and grade(s) hung on the rearview mirror for easy and quick reading for the teacher who calls out the students’ names.
- Do not leave your vehicle. Your child will be waiting for you at a pick-up station.
- Remember, students need to be in school the entire day. Teachers are instructed not to allow make-up work missed due to early, unexcused check-outs.
During the first month of school, traffic in the car-rider pick-up usually takes longer. We ask for your patience and cooperation by following our dismissal process. After the first month, you may want to pick up your child closer to 3:00 PM CST if you do not want a long wait in traffic. Children picked up after 3:10 PM will be taken to the Extended Day program and charged the appropriate fee.