Welcome to the School Nurse's Corner!
The Mission for Lee County Board of Education Health Services is to provide quality health services and education to the students of Lee County so that optimal learning can occur. Health Services plays a comprehensive role within the school setting, to support the physical, mental, emotional and social health of students and their success in the learning process (National Association of School Nurses).
NURSE OFFICE HOURS: 07:30 AM - 3:00 PM (CST) or by appointment
Should you need to see the school nurse for a non-emergency (drop off medication, submit documents, or discuss your child, etc) please make an appointment!
Students should stay home:
- Fever of 100.5 degrees or more
Vomiting, nausea or abdominal pain
One or more episodes of diarrhea
Complains of severe earache, with or without fever
Severe sore throat with symptoms indicating possible strep throat
Conjunctivitis (Pink Eye)
Any sore oozing fluid or pus
- Head lice
Student can return to school:
- No fever for 24 hours with no fever reducing medication
- No vomiting and/or diarrhea for 12 hours
- If being treated for "pink eye"- must have antibiotic drops for 24 hours and have no drainage from the infected eye
- If being treated for strep infection must be on antibiotics at least 24 hours
- If questions call your school nurse
More health information can be found here.