ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Registration is open from January 15-March 26, 2020
Applicants must verify residence in the South Smiths Station Elementary School attendance zone.
Applicants who prove residency within the South Smiths Station attendance zone will be chosen from a random drawing to be held on March 27, 2020 at 9:30 a.m. cst in the South Smiths Station Elementary School Cafeteria.
Pre-K Start time each day will be 7:45 am and pick-up will be at 2:15 pm CST. Parents must provide morning and afternoon transportation.
- Accepting online pre-registration applications for 2020-2021 school year (for assistance with accessing online application contact local school/program)
- Enrollment open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/2016 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible)
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage (may be uploaded into the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program)
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information)
- No Registration Fee for this program
- Upon enrollment, child’s immunization record must be provided
- No child will be denied participation on basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability
Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com.
Complete the Pre-Registration Form and submit birth certificate and proof of residence.
Visit www.children.alabama.gov and see Pre-Registration Info under First Class Pre-K.
- Acceptance is strictly through random drawing to be held on March 27 at South Smiths Station at 9:30 a.m. cst. Parent/Guardian does not have to be present at drawing. Notices will be emailed beginning April 16th