Registration is open from January 15 - March 26, 2022.
Applicants must verify residence in the South Smiths Station Elementary School attendance zone.
Applicants who prove residency within the South Smiths Station attendance zone will be chosen from a random drawing.
Pre-K Start time each day will be 7:45 am and pick-up will be at 2:15 pm CST. Parents must provide morning and afternoon transportation.
- For assistance with accessing online applications, contact the local school/program.
- Enrollment is open to all children four years of age on or before 9/1/2016 who are residents of the state of Alabama (children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible).
- Enrollees must provide a copy of the child’s birth certificate (to be uploaded to the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program).
- Enrollees must provide proof of residence – either a current utility bill or copy of a lease or mortgage ( which may be uploaded to the online pre-registration site or submitted directly to the local school/program).
- Public school system pre-k programs may have zoning requirements that determine eligibility to attend a program at a particular school (contact school for information).
- No Registration Fee for this program.
- Upon enrollment, a child’s immunization record must be provided.
- No child will be denied participation on the basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability.
Go online to https://alprek.asapconnected.com.
Complete the Pre-Registration Form and submit birth certificate and proof of residence.
Visit www.children.alabama.gov and see Pre-Registration Info under First Class Pre-K.
- Acceptance is strictly through random drawing to be held at South Smiths Station. Parent/ guardians does not have to be present at the drawing. Notices will be emailed.
RESULTS OF THE PRE-K DRAWING FROM MARCH 17, 2022
Applicants who met the criteria of residency for South Smiths Station Elementary School were chosen at random and placed in numerical order in accordance with state guidelines. The session was video recorded and is available on the South Smiths Station Elementary School Facebook Page. The first eighteen candidates are as follows (if your child is not one of the eighteen students, they have been waitlisted in numerical order):
Upon registration, all required information must be provided in order for slots to be secured.
1. Rose Stewart
2. Jessi Williams
3. Brinley Kelser
4. Levi Lockhart
5. William Brinkley
6. Griffin Broglio
7. Mason Kite
8. Laysyn Lee
9. Tinsleigh Webb
10. Noah Stewart
11. Mackenzie Mott
12. Patton Brown
13. Waylon Brown
14. Addisyn Slocumb
15. Kinsley Reeder
16. Logan Starling
17. JoLee Brinkley
18. Riley Westbrook