Kindergarten registration will begin at your local school this year and be completed online afterwards. All parents will need to visit their local school to begin the registration process during the Kindergarten registration window. Please check with your local school for dates and times.
If you are new to Lee County, Please visit your local school to complete this process.
You will receive instructions on creating your SchoolMint account there.
If you currently have a student attending a Lee County school and need to
complete the Re-Enrollment process, Please click on the link below.
If you have questions or need assistance please check the Step by Step.
Be sure you are re-enrolling your student in the 2018-2019 school year.
Download the app:
The Alabama State Department of Education requires several things for a child to be officially enrolled in kindergarten. You will need to have:
1. Proof that your child lives in the appropriate attendance zone by providing a signed lease or deed/mortgage/letter from property manager AND a recent utility or phone bill addressed to the parent/guardian at the address in the school zone. Note that these are two separate proofs and are both required.
2. Be prepared to show a picture ID, such as a driver's license, when enrolling your child. Also, please be prepared to bring any Custody or Guardianship papers if appropriate.
3. The child must have current Alabama immunizations for Diphtheria, Polio, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, 2nd dose of MMR, Tetanus, Pertussis, and Varicella or immunity to chicken pox. The school must keep this ‘blue card' on file.
4. A valid social security number and card is preferred but not required. The school will make a copy and keep it in a secure file. The social security number is not used for any routine identification.
5. Emergency contact names and phone numbers are helpful at registration and required when school begins, in case a child is hurt or sick. We ask that numbers be updated when changes occur so parents/guardians can always be contacted.
All items must be completed before a student will be enrolled and assigned a teacher for the upcoming school year. We look forward to seeing you at registration!
"Our family will be living with"
"Our family will be living on property owned by"