Phone: (334) 705-6010
Degrees and Certifications:
Beauregard High School, 1991 University of Alabama (B.A. History/English), 1995 University of Alabama (M.A. Secondary Education/History), 1997 Troy University (M.S. Instructional Leadership and Administration), 2012
Mr. Richard L. Brown, Jr.
Carrollton High School (1997-1998)
- U.S. and World History, Grades 7, 10, and 11
- Assistant Varsity Football and Assistant Softball
Beulah High School (1998-2019)
- Assistant Principal (2015-2019)
- Athletic Director (2011-2019)
- Social Studies Department Chair
- U.S. & World History, grades 8-11; Sociology, grade 12
- Head Baseball Coach (2002-2012), 151-72: two area championships, six playoff appearances, 18 game winning streak
- Head Junior High Football Coach (1998-2000; 2006-2010): 8-0 season, 2010
- Assistant Varsity Football Coach (2001-2005)
There's no place like home!
Born and raised in Lee County, I am proud to be the third generation in my family to have graduated from a Lee County school. It is now my honor to return to my alma mater to serve as the principal at Beauregard High School.
Being the son of veteran educators, I have spent most of my life in a school. After high school, I attended the University of Alabama on academic scholarship. Roll Tide! I graduated summa cum laude in 1995 and enrolled in graduate school in secondary education. After six years of college and a life spent in a desk, I began my career on the other side of the podium in 1997. In 2015, having served for 18 years as a classroom teacher, club sponsor, and coach, I transitioned into educational administration as assistant principal at Beulah High school. My academic goal is to receive a doctoral degree in educational administration. Maybe one day, I'll even throw my hat into politics!
My wife and I met at Beulah High School and married in May 2006. We have twin sons who were born in October 2010.
My interests include reading, exercise, and travel. My exploits have taken me throughout the United Kingdom and Hawaii. Aloha! Of course, I love to spend Saturdays in the fall with the Crimson Tide!