The Junior League of Columbus is pleased to announce the availability of the Teens Who Care scholarship. The scholarship is open to any high school senior in Columbus, GA and te surrounding areas who has demonstrated a commitment to community service.
The League is excited to award three $1,000 scholarships this year.
Our application process is fully online. If you know a deserving student, please encourage him/her to apply by going to the JLC website:
All application materials and reference letters must be submitted by Friday, March 22, 2019.
Winners will be notified via email the week of April 22, 2019 and recognized at the Monday, May 13, 2019 league membership meeting.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact myself (contact info below) or Amy Pease at the main Jr. League Office (706) 327-4207 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Shana D. Young
Chair, Teens Who Care Scholarship Program
Cell: (706) 332-2209
Office: (706) 569-2415
MG Law Office is offering a great scholarship opportunity that we want to be sure that your students are aware of and have the opportunity to apply for. The scholarship is available for high school seniors as well as any student pursuing a higher education. The scholarship application is creative and different than most that your students are likely filling out. We are asking that they create a 45-60 second video advertisement on the dangers of drunk driving. The winning ad will be selected based on quality, usability, effectiveness, creativity, and helpfulness to warn people about the dangers of drunk driving. There are more instructions on the application itself.
We would appreciate if you would add the application URL to your school's website so that students can access the application and apply. The URL is, https://www.mg4law.com/nationwide-scholarship/.
We are looking for fun and unique candidates for our Flavorful Futures Scholarship. Sparkling Ice® is awarding FIVE $5,000 scholarships to eligible high school seniors who are planning their bright and colorful futures. If this sounds like one of your students, tell them to apply today!
The application deadline is February 15, 2019 and winners will be announced in Spring 2019. Apply now at flavorfulfutures.com.
Visit flavorfulfutures.com for full list of requirements.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident of the United States.
- Must be a high school senior graduating between August 1, 2018 and July 31, 2019.
- Must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 on a 4-point scale (high school/home school seniors).
We support applicants in a vocational/trade, 2-year, or 4-year program
High school seniors, BURGER KING® employees, their dependent children, spouses or domestic partners in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico can apply to receive up to $50,000 in scholarship awards for the 2019-2020 school year!
High school seniors must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale to be eligible, and must be active in their community through volunteering, sports, clubs and/or religious organizations.
Don’t miss your chance to become a BURGER KING Scholar. Apply today!
High school juniors and seniors for the 2018-2019 school year are eligible to participate in the FIRE (Foundation for Individual Rights in Education) essay contest. To enter, students must submit an essay between 800 & 1000 words on the provided topic. One $10,000 first prize, one $5000 second prize , and three $1000 runner up prizes will be awarded for the best essays. Four $500 winners will be chosen from the remaining entrants in a drawing. Fire will accept essay contest entries through December 31, 2018. Winners will be notified by January 31, 2019. To enter visit THEFIRE.ORG/CONTEST.
This year, National Beta will award over 250 scholarships, ranging in value from $1,000 to $15,000 to deserving Senior Beta members. All 12th grade Betas are invited to apply. Members must be registered with the National Office by November 1 of their senior year to apply. The application opens November 1, 2018. Deadline for applications is January 24, 2019. For more information visit, betaclub.org/scholarship .
The Elks National Foundation awards $2.44 million in college scholarships to a total of 500 high school seniors nationwide through its Most Valuable student contest. The judging criteria are Scholarship, Leadership, and Financial need. Applications online at enf.elks.org/mvs . Deadline to apply is on or before November 15, 2018.
Students interested in attending Eastern Kentucky University that have a GPA of a 2.5 and an ACT composite score of an 18 or an SAT score of 940 or higher can receive a reduced tuition rate of more than $8,000 per year. This is the Selective Merit Aid/Reduced Tuition (SMART) program. Applications for admission are currently being accepted! Visit Eastern Kentucky University online to apply!
Criteria for Scholarship Applicant:
● The student must be a high school senior who is currently enrolled in an accredited Alabama high school.
● The technology director of the school system where the student is enrolled must be a current member of ALET.
● The applicant must have a minimum Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher, using a 4.0 scale- unweighted.
● The applicant must have a 17 or higher score on the ACT.
● Applicant must have the endorsement/signature of their Guidance Counselor/Principal on their application attesting they are a qualified to apply for this scholarship.
● The student must plan to attend an accredited college, university, or technical school physically located in the state of Alabama. Full-time online colleges do not qualify.
● The student should demonstrate an interest in pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a technology-related field.
● The student should be able to demonstrate a history of volunteering and be active in school or non-school extracurricular activities.