SSJHS PARENT RESOURCES
Smiths Station Junior High School
Parent Resource List
Rosie Bryant – 7th Grade Guidance Counselor
Amy Head – 8th Grade Guidance Counselor
- Parents can contact the school to request to speak or meet with a counselor about a concern.
- Students can also request to meet with a guidance counselor through the front office or through a teacher.
- Please leave a message for the counselor if they are not in their office.
- If it is an EMERGENCY, the front office will be able to help locate one of the counselors or someone to assist.
- Teachers can request a counselor see a student.
Smiths Station Junior High Website
- Go to the Lee County Website: lee.k12.al.us
- Under the ‘schools’ tab, click on Smiths Station Junior High School
STI Parent Portal
- Slappey and Mrs. Blair in the main office can help guide you to set up your username and password.
- You can check attendance, discipline, and grades
- Lee County Schools Social Worker / Attendance Officer
Department of Human Resources (DHR)
- Adult and Child Protective Services
- Child Support
- Crisis Unit
Mental Health Resources:
East Alabama Mental Health
- Someone is on call 24 hours a day / 7 days a week
Suicide Prevention / Parent Resources
- If an emergency, call 911.
- East Alabama Mental Health (see above)
- Gina Ivey (see above)
- SSJHS counselors (Rosie Bryant and Amy Head)
Drug Elimination Programs
- Family and Children Services (Opelika)
- Provides programs to educate parents, children, professionals, and the community for the prevention of child abuse and substance abuse