Return to Headlines
Lee County Schools
Residency Verification Process – Required Documentation 2021-2022
- Residency Verification for parents who are unable to prove residency by providing a mortgage, rental agreement, warranty deed, or property tax information and an utility bill in their name should bring the following documentation to the Lee County Board of Education for authorization to enroll in Lee County Schools:
- A Parent/Resident Affidavit that has been signed by the homeowner and parent. (Due to COVID-19, the school system is not requiring the Parent/Resident Affidavit to be notarized this school year only.)
- Homeowner proofs of residency listed below
- Homeowner should provide one of the following proofs to connect the homeowner to the property
- If homeowner owns the home, a Warranty Deed can be provided.
- If homeowner owns the home, a recent Mortgage Statement can be provided.
- If homeowner owns the home, a recent Property Tax Invoice can be provided.
- If homeowner lives in a mobile home, a recent Manufactured Home Tag Receipt must be provided.
- If homeowner is renting or leasing the home, a recent Rental or Lease Agreement that has been signed by both parties with contact information for all parties must be provided.
- Homeowner should provide one of the following utility bills (no more than 45 days old) to prove that the family currently lives at the address
- Current power bill
- Current water bill
- Current home phone/cable/internet bill
- Current gas bill
- Parent must prove residency by providing two pieces of postmarked or dated mail that has gone through the US Postal Service that he/she received at the residence. Example:
- Driver’s License (Second proof must be dated)
- Utility bill (no more than 45 days old)
- Bank Statement (no more than 60 days old)
- Medical Insurance / Medical Bill (no more than 60 days old)
- Credit Card Bill (no more than 60 days old)
- Current Car Insurance/Current Vehicle Registration
- Official Communications from Legal Agency (no more than 60 days old)
- Cell phone bill (no more than 60 days old)
- Letters from any Federal, State, or Local Government Agency (Child Support, Food Stamps, Subpoenas, Medicaid, Medicare, Veterans Affairs, Social Security) (no more than 90 days old)
- A home visit by the Residency Verification Officer may occur at any given time to verify the said living arrangements. Time of residency verification is between 5:00 AM to 10:00 PM