EAST SMITHS STATION ELEMENTARY SCHOOL MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of East Smiths Station Elementary School is to facilitate the maximum development of each child's potential. This will be accomplished by providing a positive learning environment that encourages a partnership between home, school, and community for the betterment of our students. Our highest priority is to provide quality instruction through dedicated teachers meeting the individual learning style of each student. We will strive to prepare our students to be productive members of society in a technological world. Our end result will be to develop well rounded, respectful, responsible individuals who will be life long learners.
A Tradition of Excellence-A Vision for Tomorrow
District Mission Statement
The Lee County School System will take a prominent role advocating a progressive education for each student in our schools. The mission of Lee County Schools is to educate every student through a comprehensive and academically challenging curriculum taught in a safe and nurturing environment. We challenge students to pursue dreams, succeed with integrity, and contribute meaningfully to a diverse society.
Lee County School System's Core Beliefs
· All students are valued individuals who can learn.
· The education of each student is a responsibility shared by students, families, schools, and communities.
· Each individual achieves best in an environment where physical and emotional safety is guaranteed.
· Personal integrity is essential to individual success.
· Learning is a lifelong endeavor.
The Lee County Board of Education has a responsibility to ensure every student learns at his/her maximum potential and to set standards and expectations for the quality of education through the establishment of graduation requirements, accreditation of local schools, and certification of professionals. The Board of Education, the administration, and the staff of Lee County Schools will continuously focus on:
· Preparing students for a knowledge-based, technologically enhanced, and culturally diverse 21st century.
· Supporting each student's success in a learning community.
· Ensuring a partnership with families and communities to support student learning.
· Communicating a vision for improving public education for ALL Lee County students.
· Guaranteeing that students have an opportunity to learn the skills necessary for their future, either for jobs or further education.
· Maintaining a strong partnership between the communities and the schools.
· Opening pathways of communication between all groups concerned with education.
· Proactively implementing continuous improvement for grades K-12.
· Advocating professional development and teacher education programs.